Mark Ressa Esq.
Mark Ressa received his B.A. in 1975 from Oakland University (Rochester, Michigan) and his J.D. in 1979 from Whittier College, School of Law (Los Angeles, California). He was admitted to the California and Federal Bar in 1979. He limits his practice exclusively to family law matters including complex litigation, spousal and child support, paternity, high conflict custody disputes and domestic violence. His office is located in San Ramon and he practices primarily in the Bay Area counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo and Solano.
He is a member of the Family Law Executive Committee of the California State Bar (2008-2011), Editor of the Family Law Section's eNews (2008-2009) and Vice-Chair for the Family Law Section's Online Continuing Education (2008-2009). Prior to his appointment to FLEXCOM, he served as Chair (2006-2008) and Vice-Chair (2005-2006) of the State Bar Family Law Section's Bay Area Regional Standing Committee, formerly known as Financial Issues North. He is a member of the state and local bar associations.
Mr. Ressa created and marketed the first Windows-based child/spousal support calculation program to be certified for court use by the California Judicial Council, i.e., SupportPro, from 1994 to 1998. He served with other software providers, including family law luminaries Steve Adams and Garrett Dailey, to advise the California Judicial Council on the standards to be applied for the use of software in courtrooms. Mr. Ressa co-founded Legal dot Net in 1995, internationally recognized as one of the first leading websites to serve the needs of legal consumers as well as legal professionals.
He has lectured to various bar associations, including Inns of Court, the Orange County Bar Association and the Orange County Women Lawyers Association. Recently he has lectured for the State Bar's Section Education Institute.
Mr. Ressa is an avid cyclist, motorsports fan and teaches elementary school children chess. He resides in the East Bay community of Danville with his wife and their two wonderful young sons.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Complex Litigation
- Spousal and Child Support
- High conflict custody disputes
- Domestic Violence
- California, 1979
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1979
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1979
- Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan
- B.A. - 1975
- Lecturer, Inns of Court
- Lecturer, Orange County Bar Association
- Lecturer, Orange County Women Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, State Bar’s Section Education Institute
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California State Bar, Member, Family Law Executive Committee, 2008 - 2011
- Family Law Section's eNews , Editor, 2008 - 2009
- Family Law Section's Online Continuing Education, Vice Chair, 2008 - 2009
- State Bar Family Law Section’s Bay Area Regional Standing Committee, Chair, 2006 - 2008
- State Bar Family Law Section’s Bay Area Regional Standing Committee, Vice Chair, 2005 - 2006
Past Employment Positions
- Legal dot Net, Co founder, 1995 - Present